The Faculty of Economics, Padjadjaran University was established based on Government Regulation number 37 dated 18 September 1957 regarding the establishment of Padjadjaran University. This regulation came into effect on September 11, 1957. The Faculty of Economics of Padjadjaran University originated from the Merdeka University under the auspices of the Bandung Merdeka University Foundation which was founded in 1952, which in its development became Padjadjaran University in 1957, with Prof. Mr. R. Iwa Kusumasumantri and Prof. Dr. H. Achmad Sanusi, S.H., M.P.A. as secretary. The Faculty of Economics has two majors, namely General Economics and Corporate Economics with a total of 486 students, consisting of 400 new students and 86 students from Universitas Merdeka. The teaching staff is 40 people who are extraordinary lecturers, because at the beginning of its establishment, Padjadjaran University did not have a permanent lecturer staff.
Based on the Decree of the Senate of Professors of the University of Padjadjaran No. 3/Kep/Universitas Padjadjaran/68, on January 18, 1968, the Faculty of Economics accepted the transfer of the Department of Commerce Administration and the Department of Accounting from the Faculty of Social Politics, Universitas Padjadjaran, so that from the academic year 1968 to 1979 the Faculty of Economics had three majors, namely the Department of General Economics, the Department of Corporate Economics and Accounting Department. The matriculation class system was abolished starting in 1975, in 1976 FE Unpad had implemented a semester system at all levels, up to the level of the Baccalaureate II. Starting in the second semester of 1979, parallel classes have started to run.
In order to assist the government in educating high-level skilled workers, the Faculty of Economics, Padjadjaran University established a Diploma 3 program. The Diploma 3 program is one of the work units within the Faculty of Economics, Padjadjaran University which has the task of producing human resources who have the expertise and skills in the application of science. and practical technology, which was established in 1975 and confirmed by the Decree of the Minister of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia Number 042/U/1975 dated March 18, 1975.
In an effort to place the Faculty of Economics, Padjadjaran University as an institution in the field of management and business at the national and international level that is relevant to Padjadjaran University’s efforts towards World Class University, on August 26, 2011 based on the Decree of the Chancellor of the University of Padjadjaran Number 4196/UN6.RKT /HK/2011, the name of the Faculty of Economics, Padjadjaran University has been changed to become the Faculty of Economics and Business, Padjadjaran University.